Enrollment in any school may require filling out a form through the “Open Enrollment” process starting 2/4/2019.
Info sessions listed below are current as of 1/12/2019. No rsvp required unless otherwise noted.
Attendance area schools
(Most Washington MS students live within the “attendance areas” for Garfield and Franklin. Students receiving HC advanced learner services are automatically eligible to attend Garfield.)
- Garfield HS: 9:30-10:30 am, 1/16 – Tour aimed at students, but parent/guardian must also attend. Meet in Gym. 5-8 pm, 1/17 – Open House with free dinner and more.
- Franklin HS: 8:45-10:30 am, 1/16 or 1/23. Meet Principal Dr. Jennifer Wiley; Q&A w/FHS student leaders; classroom visits. Students are required to attend with a parent/guardian.
(These schools may have limited availability.)
- The Center School (smaller, arts-oriented program. Seattle Center): 6:30-8:30 pm, 1/24 and 2/13.
- Cleveland HS (STEM focused program – Science, Technology Engineering & Math. South Beacon Hill): 9-11:30 am, 1/18, 2/2 & 2/7. (Note: 2/2 is a Saturday.)
- Nova HS (Non-traditional program with a “competency, inquiry, problem and project-based approach. Central District): Tours/Info Sessions for current 8th-graders – 8:45-11:45am 1/16 & 1/29. Tour; meeting w/Principal; roundtable discussion with NHS students. Register at (206) 252-3500. Other dates: Open House – 6-7:30 pm, 1/24. Family info sessions – 12:30-1:30 pm, 1/10 & 1/22. See website for full info.
(Publicly funded but not operated by Seattle Public Schools; application required.)
- Green Dot – Rainier Valley Leadership Academy (college prep program oriented toward closing the achievement gap. Columbia City/Hillman City): Info session/tour. 5-6 pm, 1/9, 1/23, 2/13 & 2/27.
- Summit Sierra HS (college prep program oriented toward small-group-learning. International District): Many dates for info session and/or ‘shadow’ tour. See more.