Become a Better Advocate for our Schools by attending a night of information and action in the Cafeteria, 6:30-8:30 pm, Mon., Jan. 28.
Topics will include state funding issues, Seattle’s proposed $2.2 billion in Levies (Feb. 12 election), how to advocate for education with our state lawmakers, and how to support efforts to advance racial equity in Seattle Public Schools.
Guest speakers include:
- State Sen. Jamie Pedersen (D-43rd District)
- State Rep. Eric Pettigrew (D-37th District; expected to call in from Olympia)
- King County Council Member Joe McDermott (D-West Seattle)
- Activist Emijah Smith of Children’s Alliance
- Washington State PTA Region 6 Advocacy Chair Heidi Bennett
- Seattle SchoolsFirst Board member and WMS parent Melissa Pailthorp
Sponsored by the Washington Middle School PTSA. All are welcome, and food will be available.
- Live translation in Spanish, Vietnamese and Somali.
- Free food!