Here, at a glance, are summertime learning opportunities coordinated through Seattle Public Schools and available to all or some Washington Middle School students. Registration availability is current as of 6/26 (and is closed for some programs). This listing doesn’t include opportunities for rising 9th-graders.
Incoming Grade 6 only
- TAF Junior Huskies Academy – project-based learning and creative experiences. Dates: 7/13-8/5, live on Zoom M&W, 9-11 or noon-2. (Registration closed.) Information here.
- SPS Summer Bridge Program – materials to help the transition to middle school. Dates: 7/6-8/7 (Registration closed.) Information here.
- HOST’s Welcome to WMS Transition Program – self-guided videos. Dates: Starts in early August, with new materials available each week. (Registration open through 7/3). Information/registration here.
Incoming Grades 7-8
- HOST Summer Parks Academy of Learning (PAL) Math & Language Arts lessons – live online & pre-recorded materials totaling about 4 hours daily. Dates: 7/6-7/31 (Registration open through 6/29. Eligibility generally limited to students in Tier 1 & 2, based on SBA scores.) Information/registration here.
Incoming Grades 6-8
- RAMP Summer Programming – academic & enrichment activities run by WMS partner organization Seattle University. Dates: 7/6-7/31, T/W/TH, 11-noon & 3-4. (Contact LaKesha Kimbrough for consent form, firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- SPS Advanced Learning Office STEM materials – Dates: Not released as of 6/26. (Registration requirements not clear.) Information here.
- SPS Middle School Summer Program – core academics lessons, self-guided with some teacher interaction depending on student need. Dates: 7/6-8/7. (Registration closed.) Information here.