At its meetings, the Board typically hears a school update from the Principal, discusses progress on PTSA goals and programs, and considers other items on the agenda. The meetings are open to the community, and participation is welcomed as long as time allows. The Board may vote to go into a private session to discuss legal or other matters requiring confidentiality.
Board Meeting Dates & Minutes
- 2019-20: Sept. 9 | Sept. 21 | Oct. 14 | Nov. 18 | Dec. 9 | Jan. 13 | Feb. 3 or 10 | March 9 | April 6 | May 11 | June 15
- 2018-19: Sept. 11 | Oct. 1 | Nov. 1 | Nov. 5 | Dec. 3 | Jan. 14 |
Feb. 4| March 4 | April 22 | May 6 | June 3
General Meetings are open to all and are meant to engage the WMS community with parent/guardian education and other programs. They may include a guest speaker, documentary movie, PTSA business (Board elections, budget approval, etc.) or a special feature. Recent examples: Program on “Vape, Juul, Fentanyl & More: What Families Need to Know”; LaKesha Kimbrough presentation on student success; Q&A with School Board Member Zachary DeWolf; showing of “Angst,” a documentary on anxiety in children.
Meetings are normally 6-8:30 pm in the Cafeteria or the Library, at least three times per year and as of 2019 normally include:
- FREE dinner starting at 6 pm!
- FREE child care (ages 5-12)
- Live translation in selected languages (Somali, Spanish, others TBD)
General Meeting Dates & Minutes
- 2019-20: : Oct. 28 (free dinner at 6 pm!) | Jan. 28 or Feb. 3 | June 8
- 2018-19: Nov. 1 | Jan. 28 | April 1 | June 10
For other PTSA documents, including our bylaws (the “Standing Rules”), see: